Postingan Populer
Publix Chipotle Chicken And Rice Recipe - Slow Cooker Chipotle-Lime Chicken Thighs Jamaican Rice and ... / Not that i ever need a reason to eat a few tacos or drink a couple margaritas, but hey the holiday is.
Recipes Using Whole Chicken Breasts / Crispy Oven Roasted Chicken Breast - IFOODBLOGGER / You can only use the equivalent of two whole chickens (4 breasts) occasionally.
Fitted Living Room
Garden Salad Recipe With Chicken - Blueberry Chicken Salad Recipe | Taste of Home - Cook chicken 15 to 20 minutes, turning once or twice and adding asparagus after 7 minutes, until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (170°f).
Weight Watchers Chicken Liver Recipes
Don't Be Lily-Livered! Aromatic Chicken Livers
http://www.MelJoulwan.com/2011/01/17/dont-be-lily-livered-aromatic-chicken-livers/
I was a weird kid.
And I distinctly remember, on occasion, ordering beef liver with onions for dinner at my dad's diner. I was also a FREAK for chicken liver paté on toast.
Then I became a surly teenager and went to Weight Watchers summer camp where they forced us to eat liver once a week as part of the WW weight-loss plan. The culinary skills of the cooks at camp didn't stand up to my dad's badass line cooks, and I developed an aversion to liver that lasted for years… until Dave and I went to Katz's Deli in New York, and I was reacquainted with the silky, rich flavor of chopped chicken livers on rye.
Oogey raw texture aside, chicken livers are ridiculously tasty. They're also loaded with Vitamin A – and at 7 grams of protein per ounce, a meal-sized serving of chicken livers packs a protein punch. And I've learned that they don't have to be served on toast points to be worth eating.
If you can get yourself past any squeamishness you might be harboring, you're going to be pretty excited about the taste. Plus, I noticed when I eat these for lunch, I'm never hungry for an afternoon snack. They're rich, satiating, and stupid-good – and you usually don't have to worry about co-workers trying to steal them off your plate in the break room.

Aromatic Chicken Livers
Serves 2-4 | Prep 10 minutes | Cook 25 minutes | Whole30 compliant
Ingredients:
-
1 – 1 1/2 pounds chicken livers
-
1 teaspoon paprika
-
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
-
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
-
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
-
3/4 teaspoon salt
-
1 medium onion, diced
-
2 cloves garlic, crushed
-
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or broth
-
extra-virgin olive oil for sautéeing
Directions:
1
Cut chicken livers into 2-inch pieces. This is kinda gross, so think about something else while you do it. For example, would you rather fight a horse-sized duck or ten duck-sized horses?
2
Heat about 1 tablespoon of fat over medium-high heat. Add chicken livers and brown well on all sides; you want them to get a nice crust. Set aside on a plate to catch juices.
3
Add onion to pan and sauté until it's tender and translucent, about 5-7 minutes. When the onions are ready, add all the spices and the garlic. Stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
4
Put the chicken livers back in the pan, toss well, and add 1 tablespoon of vinegar or broth. Cover and simmer until liquid is absorbed and chicken livers are cooked through, about 5 minutes.
Bonus Breakfast
I had about half a serving left over after two lunches, so turned it into a breakfast in a scramble. I coarsely chopped the livers, sautéed some roasted turnips and yellow squash in coconut oil (like a hash), then stir fried the veggies with two eggs and the chopped chicken livers. HOLY SCHMOLEY! It was awesome.
Bonus Etymology Lesson
The phrase "lily-livered" is from the Medieval belief that the liver was where our courage was stored. Lilies are pale in color, so being accused of having a pale liver meant you lacked courage.
Print this recipe
February 24 Posted by
Chopped Chicken Livers
Let's talk chicken livers! I'll go first. Confession: I love the taste of chicken livers, but handling them... raw? It's pretty much a nightmare. But...
Read More
April 17 Posted byMelissa Joulwan
Beef Liver With Parsley-Onions & Lemon
There was a lot of talk at PaleoFX about the nutritional benefits of liver (Liver: nature's most potent superfood), but that's not the only reason...
Read More
Weight Watchers Chicken Liver Recipes
Source: http://meljoulwan.com/2011/01/17/dont-be-lily-livered-aromatic-chicken-livers/
- Dapatkan link
- X
- Aplikasi Lainnya